Since the team and I are in the midst of putting together our quarterly Whistler real estate market update I thought I would share some interesting data that's surfacing as we go through all the numbers.
The pace of sales is slowing down! The volume of sales is only 4% ahead of last year, compared to August when we were ahead by 32%. If you are a seller, this is great news. The inventory of available properties is still extremely low so prices continue to be strong at an average of 10% ahead of this time last year.
Take a look at this:
|YTD 2016 compared to YTD 2015||Sales Volume||Average Price|
|All property types||+4%||+10%|
Buyers are competing for the limited number of available properties. This is driving up prices. The takeaway here is that with the low inventory and the lack of good new listings coming to market we're only seeing sales happen as buyers snap something up that comes available that they've been waiting on the sidelines for. New listings are still selling fast but there's just not many of them coming to market so it seems like a slowdown. The inventory numbers tell us it's not. It's simply that hordes of buyers are waiting patiently to get what they want.
A couple of quick notes:
- We just listed a freshly renovated studio townhome at Symphony in Village North that we anticipate won't last long. Click here to have a look.
- The Linnell Group has just launched our 1st annual Pumpkin Carving Contest on Facebook. Click here for full contest rules, registration link and prize list.
Ok, let's get right into all the latest listings, price reductions and solds in the Whistler & Pemberton markets over the past week:
- Click here for all the newest Whistler listings in the past week.
- Click here for all the price adjusted Whistler properties in the past week.
- Click here for all the sold Whistler properties in the past week.
- Click here for all the newest Pemberton listings in the past week.
- Click here for all the price adjusted Pemberton properties in the past week.
- Click here for all the sold Pemberton properties in the past week.
The active listing inventory in Whistler is only 193 properties on the market (down by 6 from last week and for another consecutive week inventory has never been this low) & Pemberton is sitting at 72 active listings (up by 1 from last week).
💥💥 If you own a home or condo in Whistler and you're considering selling, CALL ME IMMEDIATELY (yes, I'm yelling 😉). I've NEVER seen a better time to be a seller in Whistler or Pemberton. That's saying a lot because I've been selling real estate here for over 18 years now.
All the best,
P.S. Would you like immediate and exclusive notification when The Linnell Group brings any new property to market even before it hits the Whistler Listing Service or the MLS? Click here to be put on The Linnell Group VIP List and you'll hear about new Whistler listings before the ink is even dry on the listing agreement!